I am delighted to be hooking up with the Secret Recipe Club for the first time. If you enjoy secret pals and have a cooking blog make sure and check out this wonderful group - www.secretrecipeclub.com
My pal enjoys baking and resides in Montreal and I found that most of her recipes made me very hungry. You can see for yourself at http://montcarte.ca
I chose to recreate her Pumpkin Spice Cranberry Bread because I am thinking about and using lots of pumpkin right now. This recipe was delicious and I enjoyed it even more after refrigerating it. My kids devoured it and they thought it was a wonderful treat when I cut them a slice for breakfast, and served it with a thin layer of cream cheese.
I hope you'll enjoy it and check out all the wonderful recipes that are linked up below.
Pumpkin Spice Cranberry Bread
*I made this recipe exactly as it was printed except I substituted 1 teaspoon of cardamom for the nutmeg.
1 cup brown sugar, packed
1 cup white sugar
1 cup vegetable oil (or 1/2 cup vegetable oil and 1/2 cup apple sauce)
3 large eggs
2 cups pumpkin puree
3 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Butter and flour two 9×5×3 inch loaf pans.
2. Beat sugar and oil in a large bowl to blend. Mix in eggs and pumpkin.
3. Sift flour, cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, salt and baking powder into another large bowl. Stir into pumpkin mixture in 2 additions.
4. Mix in cranberries, walnuts and /or chocolate chips.
5. Divide batter equally between prepared pans. Bake until tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 55 minutes. Transfer to racks and cool 10 minutes. Using a spatula, loosen the edge around the loaves. Turn the loaves out onto racks and cool completely.
This recipe is shared at Add A Pinch.