I love to make pound cakes. To me they are just so simple and yet so incredibly velvet in texture. This is the most moist of all my recipes. I guess the pumpkin adds a special amount of moisture.
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1/4 teaspoon cloves
1 teaspoon salt
3 cups white sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
1/2 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease and flour a Bundt pan.
- Mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and pumpkin pie spice. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together sugar and oil until foamy.
- Add eggs one at a time beating thoroughly after each.
- Mix in pumpkin.
- Stir in flour mixture alternately with milk.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 60 to 70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Add small cup of water to oven in heat proof pyrex while the cake cooks for a moist texture.