This post is part of a Ground Beef Recipe Party. Look below for details, and if you want more ideas on how to use ground beef click on the links at the end of this post.
I posted this recipe over a year ago. It was so well received that I thought I would bring it to the front for viewers who missed it.
Bloodhound's Gamma used to make these for him. I have made them a wee bit more healthy by using bison instead of ground beef, which was in the original recipe. My children love them as much as pizza. This was a recipe used during the depression but I have recently seen a similar one appear on the Lipton soup can.
1lb bison (or beef)
1 can french onion soup
Brown meat and drain fat. Add soup to skillet and reduce the fluid by 1/2 - about 20 minutes. Stir in flour to make thicker gravy and serve hot on rolls.
This recipe linked here.
To link up to the Ground Beef Recipe Party:
1. Include the url that is directly linked to your recipe post. This is not your basic url. This is the url that is specific to your recipe. For mine it would be: http://www.savannahssavorybites.com/2010/03/spoon-burger.html
2. You may enter as many recipes as you want to.
3. Please include a link back to my page in your post: www.savannahssavorybites.com
4. Party ends on Friday August 5th.
5. After the party ends we will take votes on the best recipe. I'll feature the winner on my site on Monday August, 8th.